Our client one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. The bank seeks to be the leading international private bank for business owners and their families. It provides clients with wealth, business and family succession solutions in the largest and fastest growing markets around the world.
The client aims to deploy a global internet banking solution for the relationship managers consolidating all assets and information about customers.
The IT landscape is composed of heterogeneous technologies, applications, databases and components using a point-to-point integration strategy.
The application needs to be rewritten for each entity of the group, deployments are complex and not reproducible and security is a major concern and needs to be addresses globally.
Finally front-end and back-end components are tightly coupled which makes the maintainability and the evolution of the application complicated.
Whe have realised:
- The decoupling of the components by create a Web Oriented Application and a Service Oriented Architecture
- The setup an API Management System create a reference data model common to all entities of the bank to be exposed through REST Services
- The using of Apache Camel to orchestrate and dynamically route requests to back-end systems
- The using of API as a central Policy Enforcement Point (PEP)
- The enforcing architecture good practices and reusability across all entities to maximize ROI
The implementation of this project took 700 days for the Swiss entity, with a gradual deployment for all the bank’s entities in 2017.
Le project has been led by:
- 1 Project Manager
- Up to 4 dévelopers (2 backend et 2 front end)
- 1 Data Architect
- 1 Solution Architect
- 1 “Build and configuration manager”
- Front end Bootstrap avec HTML5 and CSS3
- Java back end with Apache Camel et Spring
- Deployment on Websphere portal