Our Client is a top Swiss private bank located in Geneva. The company is a full-scale wealth-management bank for private and institutional clients. It is one of the most highly capitalized private banks, and a major player in the field of wealth management in Switzerland.
The bank is intending to reduce the severity of post-release incidents thanks to increased reliability in IT delivery and IT operations. The bank is also intending to reclaim capability to deliver IT at the pace of faster time-to-market needs and target Private Cloud opportunities. The bank is intending to increase the velocity on the whole Application Lifecycle, especially deployments on all environments and “Go-Live” releases.
The goal is to implement best practises regarding Configuration Management and Deployment Automation in a constrained environment: sensitive data, multi-site deployments, multi-OS deployment targets, high-availability, …
- Assessment of the Application Lifecycle to spot inefficiencies and failures across the delivery process, 30 recommendations, short-listed to 11 within a release and deployment automation project.
- Evaluation of DevOps configuration and deployment tools within the bank context.
- Implementation of the DevOps initiative on the private banking portal – complex application linked to a lot of backends – and 5 other applications including setup of deployment automation platform composed of Artifactory and Ansible, design of the Ansible configuration data structure, development of Ansible deployment scripts as well as support for applicative and operation teams.
- Many interactions with IT Teams, many presentations to the IT Board.
- Participation in the evaluation of the Private Cloud solution.
- Initiative: 2 months
- Feasibility: 4 months
- Implementation: 6 months
- 1 DevOps engineer
- Up to 2 developers
- Development teams for 6 applications
- Operation teams, including network, windows, linux, databases, monitoring
- Amazon Web Services including managed services such as lambdaj, redshift, etc.
- Java with Springboot
- Hadoop cluster