The client is a meeting place with an international vocation where sport, economy and culture converge thanks to high quality services.
It hosts exhibitions, congresses, conferences, product launches, etc. in all sectors of activity (industry, services, culture, sport, leisure, etc.) and develops its own events as part of its mission.
The client wishes to provide high-quality software by improving their delivery model, following best practices and using modern technologies. Their primary drive wish is to improve its software delivery processes is to be able to provide their clients with quality software while reducing overhead on development teams.
They identified its primary goals as follow:
- Implement fluid software factory processes to deliver the best possible value to their clients
- Implement best practices allowing the delivery of numerous applications
- Implement a software factory that is allows self service while reducing non-value-added operations
We proposed to audit the development team as well as the development team in Geneva .
What we proposed was to:
- Assess the organisational structure, which supports their processes;
- Assess the current development processes and tools in use and identify the pain points
- Identify the key technologies and practices that will allow Palexpo to reach their goals
At the end of the audit, we identified 3 main axes to work on, and we made recommendations based on these axes. We also delivered an implementation plan to sequence the recommendations and maximise the ROI. We adapted our recommendation based on the processes already in place to limit the disruption while focusing on how to automate most of the actions required by the delivery of their applications.
The duration of this audit was one week.
The audit has been led by 1 consultant DevOps.
- Agile Methodologies