We don’t have a foosball, we don’t play Nerf in the office, we don’t go out for drinks every Friday night… and our developers are not all “ninjas” or “Jedis”.
On the other hand, we know that all the elements above are highly appreciated, but often when mentioned, it is to hide a lack somewhere.
So let’s focus on what we can do: we offer great projects for our customers and our co-workers!
You will receive a full onboarding training which covers Atlassian solutions i.e. JIRA, Confluence, HipChat, Bitbucket, Bamboo etc, to make you become one of our experts in order to help customers.
As part of the Digital Factory Domain, you will be supporting our customers closely throughout application lifecycle phases of solutions audit, development, deployment and the delivery of Atlassian tools.
Reporting directly to our Operation Leader and working in a squad of Atlassian and Delivery Experts, you will be delivering projects under the supervision of an experienced consultant at the beginning.
You will become an autonomous consultant in charge of:
- Advisory – Analysing the customers’ needs, conducting audits, continuously providing your advice
- Guidance – Deploying, configuring, integrating the applications depending on customer’s needs and requirements
- Coaching – Delivering wide range of training to the end-users
- Ambassador – Contributing to our blogs and participating in Atlassian-related events
You will spend 80% of your time at our clients’ premises.
When you are in our office, you will have the opportunity to share your expertise, experience and valuable knowledge with your teammates and get yourself ready for more exciting projects.
More about you
In order to feel comfortable in that position, you should have prior experience in consulting, technical support, software development or pre-sales activity ideally for Atlassian products or similar collaborative tools.
- You have a degree in computer science, or you have equivalent education/ work experience
- 3-5+ years of services experience in technology environments
- Commitment to personal and professional growth
- Fluent/Native business French and English
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to install, configure and implement Atlassian solutions
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent understanding of the end-to-end software development lifecycle (ALM) and of the tools used to support it
What is important for us for the role of Junior Atlassian Consultant:
- You have delivered small to mid-size technical projects in a previous role
- You have a comprehensive understanding and practice of SDLC (including CI, CD and agile methodologies)
Why join us?
- The opportunity to take a central role delivering our solution by being in charge of their development, integration and delivery activities.
- Benefit from a real career follow-up
- Being able to choose the missions that will make you evolve