General information about SERIAL
SERIAL SA is a public limited company headquartered in Plan-les-Ouates. It is registered in the Swiss Trade and Companies Register under the number CHE-103.542.545, VAT number, tel: +41 22 721 07 77, e-mail address: email@example.com.
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in:
- SERIAL (or “we”)
- Our website https://www.serial.ch (the “site”)
- All related websites, downloadable software, mobile applications (including tablet applications),
And any services provided by us to which this Privacy and Security Policy is linked, as well as any other communications with individuals, in writing or orally, by email or by telephone (collectively, with the Site, our “Service”).
Definitions of the terms
- “Visitor” means a person who uses the public area.
- “Candidate” refers to any person who enters his/her professional and personal information for the purpose of recruitment.
- “Visitor/candidate data” refers to personal (or personal/private) data, reports, addresses and other files, files or documents, in electronic form, and/or in oral or paper form collected and processed by SERIAL.
- “Personal data” refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- “Public space” refers to the area of the site that can be viewed by both visitors/candidates without having to log in.
- “Processing” means any operation relating to personal data, regardless of the means and processes used, including the collection, storage, use, modification, communication, archiving or destruction of data.
The information collected by SERIAL
We collect different types of information from or through our website, or a service, or a SERIAL employee. The legal basis for the processing of personal data by SERIAL and its services is aligned and in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act (LPD Switzerland, of 19 June 1992, Status as of 1 January 2014), and is mainly:
- The processing is necessary to provide the SERIAL service(s) in accordance with the conditions of use of the latter (principle of good faith and proportionality)
- And it is carried out in the legitimate interests of SERIAL, and of the persons concerned by the personal data, which are set out in more detail in the section “How we use the information we collect” of this policy.
We may also process more sensitive data, with your formal consent, upon request, if necessary.
Information “collected automatically”.
When a visitor/candidate uses the SERIAL site, we may automatically collect and record certain information from the visitor/candidate’s device, using different types of technologies, including cookies, “clear GIFs” or “web beacons”.
This “automatically collected” information may include:
- The IP address or any other device address or ID,
- The web browser and/or device type
- Web pages or sites visited just before or just after the SERIAL site
- The pages or other content that the visitor/candidate has viewed and/or interacted with, as well as the dates and times of the visit, access or use.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about a visitor/candidate’s interaction with email messages, for example if the visitor/candidate opens, clicks or transmits a message. This information is collected from all visitors/candidates.
Information from other sources
We may obtain information, including personal data, from third parties and sources other than the SERIAL website, such as our partners, advertisers, customers, suppliers, and integrated services. If we combine information from other sources with personal data that we collect, we will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy.
How does SERIAL use the information collected?
SERIAL uses the information collected in a variety of ways, for the operating needs of our company, including:
Improvements / changes
SERIAL uses this information to understand and analyze the trends and usage preferences of our visitors/candidates, to improve our site and services. If this purpose requires the processing of visitor/candidate data, the data will only be used in anonymous or aggregate form.
SERIAL uses the email address of a visitor/candidate, or other information to:
- Contact him, for administrative purposes
- To remedy intellectual property infringement, privacy violation rights
- To address defamation issues related to data related to the organization’s reputation and personal data
- To communicate on promotions and events, related to the services offered by SERIAL, and by third parties with whom we work.
You have the option to opt out of receiving promotional communications as described below under the heading “your choices“.
Cookies and tracking technologies
SERIAL uses automatically collected information and other information collected on the SERIAL website through cookies and similar technologies to:
- Personalize our site, such as remembering a visitor/candidate’s information so that they do not have to re-enter it on one or more subsequent visits.
- Provide personalized advertising, content and information
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of third party service and marketing activities.
- Monitor overall site usage parameters, such as total number of visitors/applicants and pages viewed
- Track your entries, submissions and status in promotions or other site activities.
You can obtain more information about cookies by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Analysis of statistics
We take steps to protect the technical information collected through our use of Google Analytics. The data collected will only be used on the basis of the need to know to solve technical problems, administer the site and identify visitor/candidate preferences; but in this case, the data will be in non-identifiable form. We do not use any of this information to identify visitors/candidates.
To whom do we disclose information?
Except as described in this policy, we will not intentionally disclose personal data or any other data provided that we collect on the site to third parties without the consent of the visitor/candidate concerned. We may disclose information to third parties if you give us implicit and formal consent, as well as in the following circumstances:
Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a public area of the SERIAL site, such as a public profile page, will be accessible to any visitor/candidate who has access to this content.
SERIAL works with third party service providers who provide the website, hosting, maintenance and other services for SERIAL. These third parties may access or process personal data or visitor/candidate data in connection with the provision of SERIAL services. We limit the information provided to these service providers to what is reasonably necessary and indispensable for them to perform their duties, and our SERIAL contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
Non-personally identifiable information
SERIAL may make certain information collected automatically, anonymous or unidentifiable to third parties for various purposes, such as :
- Compliance with traceability reporting requirements.
- For commercial or marketing purposes
- Or to help these parties understand the interests, habits and usage patterns of our customers, visitors/candidates for certain programs, content, services and/or features available through the SERIAL website.
Enforcement, legal process and compliance
SERIAL may disclose personal data or other information if necessary, if it is an official request, or when SERIAL is satisfied in good faith that such action is necessary:
- To comply with applicable laws
- In response to a court order in force, a government subpoena or warrant,
- or to cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies.
SERIAL also reserves the right to disclose personal data or other information if, such actions are appropriate or necessary to:
- Take precautions to protect SERIAL, as well as third parties, against fraudulent, abusive or illegal use or activity
- Investigate and defend against any claim or allegation from third parties
- Protect the security and integrity of the SERIAL site, facilities or equipment used to make all SERIAL services available
- Protect SERIAL’s intellectual property and legal rights
- Enforce contracts and protect the rights, property and safety of third parties.
The change of ownership
Access, correction, deletion
SERIAL respects your privacy rights and provides you with reasonable access to the personal data you may have provided through your use of the SERIAL site. If you wish to access or modify the personal data we hold about you, or to ask us to delete or transfer any information about you that we have obtained from an integrated service, you can contact us as described in the “How to Contact Us” section. At your request, SERIAL undertakes to delete, destroy and block any reference to you, or your personal data.
You may refuse to share certain personal data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you with certain services or information.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons, unless permitted by applicable law. If you believe that your right to privacy under applicable data protection laws has been violated, please contact SERIAL by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by telephone (+41 22 721 07 77).
You also have the right to file a complaint with the data protection authorities.
You can unsubscribe from the collection of browsing information about your visit to the site by Google Analytics using Google Analytics’ deactivation feature.
Withdrawal of commercial communications
If you receive commercial emails from SERIAL, you can unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions in the email or by sending an email to the address provided in the “Contact Us” section.
Visitors/candidates may display and modify the parameters relating to the nature and frequency of the promotional communications they receive from SERIAL, at their request.
However, you should consider that if you unsubscribe, and decide to no longer receive commercial emails from SERIAL, or to change the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from SERIAL, it may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your request. In addition, you will continue to receive administrative messages from SERIAL.
The SERIAL Site may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of those services and is subject to the privacy and security policies of those operators, if any, even if they are accessible through the SERIAL site.
We are not responsible for the content or the privacy and security practices and policies of third party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the SERIAL site. We encourage you to learn about the privacy and security policies of third parties before providing them with information.
The privacy of minors and children
Protecting the privacy of young children is particularly important to SERIAL.
The SERIAL site is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and we do not voluntarily collect personal data from children under 18 years of age without parental consent.
If you are under 18 years of age, please do not use or access the SERIAL site at any time or in any way.
If we learn that personal data has been collected on the service from persons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take appropriate measures to delete this information.
If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child’s personal information is in our possession, then you can notify us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s personal data from our systems.
SERIAL carefully follows the norms and standards established to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once in our possession. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of personal data in our possession. This includes, for example, firewalls, password protection and other access and authentication controls.
If you believe that your personal data has been compromised, please contact us immediately as indicated in the “How to contact us” section.
If we become aware of a breach of the security of your personal data, we will inform you as soon as possible, as well as the appropriate authorities in accordance with applicable law. Data retention
SERIAL only retains personal data collected from a visitor/candidate for a limited period of time as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which we originally collected it, unless otherwise required by law. SERIAL undertakes to delete and destroy the personal data of visitors/candidates after a maximum period of 10 years.
Data sharing and transfer
SERIAL does not share any personal visitor/candidate data with third parties except for its internal entities World of Digits and Redcactus, for recruitment and business purposes.
SERIAL does not transfer personal data to other countries or third parties.
SERIAL undertakes to transfer and share personal data only after having received the formal consent of the visitor/candidate, and only when this is essential for SERIAL’s services.
Data controller and data processor
Changes and updates to this policy
Please check back to this page periodically to stay informed of any changes to this policy, which we may update from time to time.
If we change the policy, we make it available on the SERIAL website, and we indicate the date of the last revision, while complying with applicable law. After the policy is reviewed, your use of the SERIAL site indicates that you have read, understood and accepted the current version of the policy.
How to contact us
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this policy, your personal data, our use and disclosure practices, or your rights of consent, or if you have any concerns or complaints about this policy or your personal data, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: July 18, 2019