The client is a leading integrated multimedia company in Europe, and was formed in 2012 to develop into a leading international player in the digital classifieds markets. It is based in Berlin, Germany.
The client is the majority owner of three real estate classifieds companies in France, Belgium and Germany.
Additionally, it owns a famous French media and car classifieds company. All four of these companies were acquired by the client over the past few years and they consequently all use completely independent IT systems and architectures. The client aims for all four of the above-mentioned companies to benefit even further from joint commercial approaches and product improvements in a whole range of areas.
As such, it aims to setup a common technical strategy for the 4 entities which promotes reusability of technical blocks and components, compatibility of building blocks and data exchange, clear architectural vision and direction, maintainability through modularity of technical layers and finally innovation through an inventory of modern and reliable libraries and frameworks.
As part of a Time and Material Project we proposed a solution in 3 phases:
- Audit of the 4 entities to understand the existing architecture, the tools and the processes in place. We then proceeded to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the local teams and the organization;
- Proposition of a target architecture with several layers:
- High level enterprise architecture for the organization;
- Local solution architectures for each entity
- Gap analysis to assess impacts and risks and propose a roadmap which takes into account the current backlog for each entity and the need to deliver continuously new functionalities while refactoring the technical eco-system to reach the target architecture;
We delivered a local target architecture for each entity and a global architecture vision to be reached through collaboration and sharing of components. Recommendations were split in different work packages with a high level roadmap and an implementation plan per entity.
The implementation lasted 3 months.
The project was carried out by two Enterprise Architects and one Solution Architect.
- Amazon Web Services including managed services such as lambdaj, redshift, etc.
- Java with Springboot
- Hadoop cluster
- COBIT 5
- Business Model Canvas
- Agile Framework