Our client is a Swiss luxury watchmaker. The company and its subsidiary, manufacture, distribute and service wristwatches sold under its brand and subsidiary brands.
Our Client is the largest single luxury watch brand, producing about 2,000 watches per day
Our client decided to migrate some of its internal applications based on the Adobe Flex framework to newer, web-based technologies.
In total, there are 9 applications to completely rewrite from scratch in the short timespan of 2 months. The goal is to exactly match the features of the existing apps, although the UI and some features are to be revisited after consulting the users.
Among these applications, some of them are very similar both in terms of UI and features, which poses the challenge of code reuse while maintaining a good amount of flexibility, as the applications remain completely independent from each other, with potentially diverging needs in the future.
Two important choices were made for this project:
1. Use of Redux to manage application state
- Consistent behavior across all apps to make them more predictable and easier to maintain
- Speed up development by writing reusable and generic business logic (i.e. CRUD operations)
2. Development of a custom Angular library
- Centralization of shared, business logic agnostic components (table, date-picker, etc.)
- Easy to maintain and to serve via NPM
- Consistency across all apps
- Higher quality components
This project lasted 14 months.
- 3 developers
- Front end: Angular 2, Redux, Bootstrap
- Backend: Java, Spring, Maven, Weblogic